Welcome to the Aboriginal Business Connect website (www.aboriginalbusinessconnect.com.au).
Aboriginal Business Connect is an initiative of the South Australian Government and this site is managed on their behalf by Supply Nation (collectively “we”, “our” or “us”).
The information on this Site is provided with the objective of promoting and embedding Indigenous supplier diversity within the Australian corporate and government landscape. Should you wish to become a Certified Supplier or Registered Supplier, please contact Supply Nation directly or follow the registration process on this Site.
Supply Nation registration
Registration on Aboriginal Business Connect is the first step for any Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander business wanting to register with Supply Nation.
Supply Nation recognise two levels of Indigenous ownership:
- A Certified Supplier is a business that is at least 51% or more Indigenous owned, controlled and managed.
- A Registered Supplier is a business that is at least 50% or more Indigenous owned.
Once you are registered with Aboriginal Business Direct, your business will also be listed on Indigenous Business Direct unless you notify Supply Nation in writing that you do not wish to be listed on Indigenous Business Direct, and you may be eligible for certification with Supply Nation. Indigenous Business Direct is Supply Nation’s publicly accessible directory of Certified Suppliers and Registered Suppliers. You can access the directory and update your business profile and contact details on the home page of the Supply Nation website (www.supplynation.org.au).
Unless otherwise indicated, the South Australian Government owns or licenses from third parties (including Supply Nation and related service providers) all right, title and interest (including Intellectual Property rights) in the Site and the Content on or related to the Site. Copying or alteration of the Site is strictly prohibited.
No right, title or interest is granted to you in respect of any Intellectual Property rights in relation to the Site, save those users that are Members, Registered or Certified Suppliers. Any such rights that may be granted to Members, Registered or Certified Suppliers are set out in the applicable Supply Nation Members, Registered and Certified Suppliers Terms & Conditions.
You must not, nor attempt to, nor purport to authorise others to, copy, reproduce, publish, communicate to the public, modify, distribute, sell or lease any part of the Site, the Content, our products or services or included software, nor may you reverse engineer or attempt to extract the source code of that software. You will not remove, obscure or alter the South Australian Government or Supply Nation’s copyright notice, logos or other proprietary rights notices affixed to or contained within the Site, the Content, any South Australian Government or Supply Nation products or services, software or documentation.
Indigenous Cultural and Intellectual Property (ICIP):
The Site may incorporate ICIP which belongs to the Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander traditional owners or custodians of that ICIP. You agree that ownership of any such ICIP will remain at all times with the traditional owners or custodians of that ICIP.
In any access or use of the Site, you agree to:
- Respect the ICIP rights of the traditional owners or custodians of that ICIP, and comply with any relevant cultural protocols of the South Australian Government and Supply Nation;
- Ensure that traditional owners or custodians continue to be acknowledged as owners of any ICIP incorporated in the Site;
- Not use the ICIP for any purpose without the prior written consent of the traditional owners or custodians of that ICIP.
You must not do or attempt to do any act that we would deem to be inappropriate, culturally insensitive, unlawful or prohibited by any laws applicable to our Site, including without limitation:
- Accessing or using, or allowing any other person, group or organisation to access or use our Site which you are not permitted to access or use;
- Infringing any other third-party rights;
- Providing false or misleading information to us, or our personnel, agents, contractors, suppliers or related service providers;
- Compromising or disclosing sensitive data or confidential information (including ICIP);
- Any act that would constitute a breach of either the privacy (including uploading private or personal information without an individual’s consent) or any other of the legal rights of individuals;
- Using the Site to defame or libel us, our personnel, agents, contractors, suppliers, related service providers or other individuals;
- Inhibiting or interfering with another users’ enjoyment and use of the Site;
- Linking to the Site in a way that damages or takes advantage of our reputation, including in a way to support or imply that you have any kind of association or affiliation with us, or approval and endorsement from us when there is none, or in a way that is illegal or unfair;
- Causing us to breach any law, lore, regulation, rule, code or other legal or cultural obligation;
- Uploading or depositing files to the Site that consist of Malicious Computer Program;
- Interfering with or circumventing any security-related or other features of the Site, or tampering, hacking or in some other way disrupting any computer system, service, network, router or other device used to host the Site or make the Site available;
- Using data mining, robots, screen scraping or similar data gathering and extraction tools on or in relation to the Site;
- Posting or transmitting non-authorised material to the Site, or otherwise behaving in a manner, that is or could reasonably be considered, in our opinion, likely to cause annoyance, or which is defamatory, racist, culturally insensitive, obscene, threatening, pornographic, threatening, abusive, discriminatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence or privacy, or otherwise or which is detrimental to or in violation of our systems or a third-party’s systems or network security.
If we allow you to post or upload any information, comments or otherwise to the Site, we have the right to take down this information at our sole discretion and without notice.
Data upload policy:
You grant the South Australian Government and Supply Nation a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide licence to use any Intellectual Property in the Data, including rights to:
- incorporate in the Site or any other Content;
- copy, publish, communicate to the public, modify, edit, adapt or translate;
- publicly perform or present;
- distribute, sell, lease or otherwise use for any purpose including for commercial or advertising purposes.
You must not post or upload any Data that:
- is unlawful or promote illegal behaviour;
- is harmful, threatening, abusive or harassing;
- incites violence or are graphical of violence;
- is pornographic or exploit people in a sexual manner;
- is defamatory or libellous;
- relates to gambling or alcohol or drug use;
- promotes racism, bigotry, hatred, physical harm or any other discriminatory behaviour;
- is inaccurate, false, misleading or fraudulent;
- consists of any Malicious Computer Program;
- impersonates any person or entity or falsely misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity;
- infringes or violates another’s rights including Intellectual Property rights;
- invades another’s privacy;
- includes photographs or images or another person or another person’s property without their consent;
- reveals anyone’s identification documents or sensitive financial information;
- is posted to disrupt the operation of the Site and/or its related services.
By posting or uploading Data to the Site, you warrant that:
- you have the right and authority to provide the Data in the manner posted or uploaded;
- you own the Data and have the right to grant the rights above to the South Australian Government and Supply Nation;
- the Data is not prohibited content as outlined above.
We have not reviewed and cannot review all Data posted or uploaded to the Site and we are not responsible for any liability in relation to your Data.
We may, at our sole discretion, pre-screen, reject or remove any Data from the Site for any reason.
We may collect personal information about you:
- to provide you with access and use of the Site and the Supply Nation website;
- to respond to your enquiries and feedback;
- to provide you with details of our or Supply Nation’s products and services, events, activities and related resources and information;
- when you post or upload information to the Site;
- to process Member, Registered and Certified Supplier applications;
- to maintain Member, Registered and Certified Supplier registers, including on Indigenous Business Direct;
- to supply Registered and Certified Supplier business/company information to Members and on the Site, Supply Nation website and Indigenous Business Direct;
- to supply Member business/company information to Supply Nation Registered and Certified Suppliers and on the Site, Supply Nation website and Indigenous Business Direct;
We may disclose that information to third parties that help us deliver the Site, the Content and our and Supply Nation’s products and services (including Supply Nation, information technology suppliers and our related service providers) or as required by law.
Confidentiality and Privacy:
The information contained on our Site is provided in good faith. All Supply Nation Content on our Site is sourced from either publicly available information or has been provided by you as a Member, Certified or Registered Supplier with the understanding and agreement that the information will become public information immediately on posting or upload to our Site and as such DOES NOT attract any rights of confidentiality. If you do not wish the information to be publicly available, please DO NOT upload the information.
Third Party Material
The Site may incorporate, link or make available Third Party Material. Third Party Material is provided for convenience and may not remain current or be maintained.
We are not responsible for, do not endorse or make any representations about, nor do we evaluate or examine Third Party Material, whether for usefulness for purpose, accuracy, completeness, legal compliance, availability or otherwise. You access and use Third Party Material entirely at your own risk and neither the South Australian Government nor Supply Nation accepts any responsibility or liability for Third Party Material.
We may remove, suspend access to, change or otherwise deal with Third Party Material at any time, for any period and to any extent, without notice to you and without any liability or obligation to you. The owners of Third Party Material may do the same.
Limitation of Liability:
THE SOUTH AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT AND SUPPLY NATION (INCLUDING THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR CONTRACTORS) EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY AND RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN OUR SITE OR THE CONTENT CONTAINED ON OUR SITE.
The Site and Content is provided ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ and you exercise your own skill, judgement and care with respect to your use or reliance on it. Neither the Site or any Content on it is comprehensive and is only intended to provide a summary of the subject matter covered.
While we use all reasonable attempts to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the Site and any Content, to the extent permitted by law, including the Australian Consumer Law, we make no warranty regarding the Site or any Content, and disclaim all responsibility, that:
- the Site or any Content will be complete, accurate or up-to-date;
- the Site or any Content is of a merchantable quality or fit for a particular purpose;
- access to the Site or any Content will be uninterrupted or error-free or free from Malicious Computer Program; or
- the Site or any Content will be secure.
We are not liable to you or anyone else if errors, interference or damage to your computer systems occurs in connection with your access or use of the Site, any Content or Third Party Material. You must take your own precautions to ensure that whatever you select, access or use on or from the Site is free of Malicious Computer Program.
You acknowledge and agree that:
- we retain complete control over the Site and any Content, and may alter, amend or cease the operation of the Site or any Content, or remove, modify or add to the Site or any Content, at any time without notice in our sole discretion;
- the Site may not operate on a continuous basis and may be unavailable from time to time (including for maintenance or upgrade purposes).
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, THE SOUTH AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT AND SUPPLY NATION DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY TO YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE IN RESPECT OF THE SITE, CONTENT ON THE SITE AND ALL PRODUCTS AND SERVICES PROVIDED THROUGH IT, WHETHER UNDER ANY THEORY OF TORT, CONTRACT, WARRANTY, STRICT LIABILITY OR NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER IN RESPECT OF DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR SIMILAR DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF REVENUE OR LOSS OF USE ARISING OUT OF, OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE, CONTENT ON IT OR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES PROVIDED THROUGH IT.
You agree to indemnify and hold the South Australian Government, Supply Nation and their respective affiliates, third-party suppliers, licensors, related service providers and any officer, director, employee, sub-contractor, agent, body corporate or successor of the same, harmless from and against any and all actions, suits, claims, demands, liabilities, costs, expenses, loss and damage (actual, special or consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, including legal fees on a full indemnity basis, incurred, suffered, due to or arising out of or in connection with:
- your use of the Site or any Content on the Site;
- your breach of any law or the rights of a third party in connection with your access or use of the Site or Content on the Site.
- we cease to operate the Site;
- you cease to access the Site;
The South Australian Government and Supply Nation reserve the right to rescind, suspend or terminate your access and use of the Site at any time without notice, and will not be responsible for any loss, cost, damage or liability that may arise as a result.
You can contact us via the Aboriginal Business Connect website (www.aboriginalbusinessconnect.com.au) or contact:
GPO Box 1494
Sydney NSW 2001
1300 055 298
‘Certified Supplier’ means an approved Indigenous business and certified supplier of Supply Nation, meeting certification criteria.
‘Content’ means all forms and formats of content, data, information and material contained, incorporated, connected to or made available in relation to the Site (including from the South Australian Government, Supply Nation, Supply Nation Members, Registered and Certified Suppliers, affiliates, related service providers and other third-parties), including without limitation:
- text, contact details, documents, reports, papers, articles, comments;
- graphics, images, logos and photographs;
- sound files and music;
- other recordings, including video and live feed;
- software or code;
- Indigenous Cultural and Intellectual Property (ICIP);
- websites, social media, applications;
- links, posts, advertising, communications;
- other products or services.
‘Indigenous Cultural and Intellectual Property (ICIP)’ means Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples’ rights to their heritage. Heritage comprises all objects, sites and knowledge including language, the nature or use of which has been transmitted or continues to be transmitted from generation to generation, and which is regarded as pertaining to a particular Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander group or its territory.
‘Intellectual Property (IP)’ means copyright, patents, registered and unregistered trade marks, registered designs, trade secrets and know-how, confidential information, all rights under any legislation relating to the protection of computer programs, circuit layouts and all other intellectual property as defined by Article 2 of the ‘Convention Establishing the World Intellectual Property Organisation’ dated July 1967.
‘Malicious Computer Program’ means files that consist of malicious computer program, including programs that include viruses, Trojan horses, worms or any other computer programming that may damage, modify, delete, detrimentally interfere with, access without authority or expropriate any system, data or personal information; that may cause damage to the Site, the Content, our property or the property of other individuals or organisations.
‘Member’ means an organisation or entity that is an approved member of Supply Nation that seeks to purchase products and/or services from Indigenous businesses.
‘Registered Supplier’ means an approved Indigenous business and registered supplier of Supply Nation, meeting registration criteria.
‘Third Party Material’ means Content, data, information, applications, services, websites and materials from, incorporating, linked or connected to third parties (included Supply Nation, Supply Nation Members, Registered and Certified Suppliers, and related service providers).