Welcome to the Aboriginal Business Connect website (www.aboriginalbusinessconnect.com.au) (the “Site”).
Aboriginal Business Connect is an initiative of the South Australian Government and this Site is managed on their behalf by Supply Nation (collectively “we”, “our” or “us”).
Aboriginal Business Connect and Supply Nation value your privacy which is why we want you to understand what information we collect and for what purposes, and how you can protect your privacy. We support the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
‘Certified Supplier’ means an approved Indigenous business and certified supplier of Supply Nation, meeting certification criteria.
‘Indigenous Business Direct’ means the Indigenous business directory managed by Supply Nation and available from the Supply Nation website (www.supplynation.org.au).
‘Member’ means an organisation or entity that is an approved member of Supply Nation that seeks to purchase products and/or services from Indigenous businesses.
‘Registered Supplier’ means an approved Indigenous business and registered supplier of Supply Nation, meeting registration criteria.
‘Personal Information’ is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable. For example, this may include your name, age, date of birth, gender, contact details and postcode. It may also include financial information, including your credit card information, or a photograph of you. Personal Information does not include anonymous, aggregated or de-identified information or information about organisations or entities that does not identify individuals.
‘Public User’ means any person that may access, browse, search or otherwise use the Site.
‘Sensitive Information’ is a category of Personal Information and may include information about racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, criminal record.
What Personal Information we collect:
We will only collect Personal Information where it is reasonably necessary to deliver our products and services or otherwise conduct the South Australian Government’s and Supply Nation’s functions and activities, or as required by law.
We may collect the following types of Personal Information, including:
- your name, address, email, telephone contact details;
- your company and position;
- your gender, age and date of birth;
- your payment details and credit card information;
- information relating to products and services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries;
- information relating to you that you provide to us directly or indirectly through your contact with us or your use of the Site or other relates resources or sites;
- information to enhance your experience of the Site, our products and services, activities, events or other related resources or sites;
- your IP address, web log and related domain, browser, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from sites, ad data, device ID, device type, geo-location information;
- information you provide to us through surveys, activities, events, competitions, sponsorship, marketing or advertising communications;
- any other Personal Information relevant to your relationship with us.
We may collect Sensitive Information where it is reasonably necessary to fulfil one or more of our functions and activities, for instance the collection of proof of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander heritage to ensure Indigenous business ownership. We will only collect Sensitive Information with your consent or as required by law.
How we collect Personal Information:
We collect Personal Information from you in variety of ways including:
- when you register with Aboriginal Business Connect and Indigenous Business Direct;
- when you apply to become a Member, Registered or Certified Supplier with Supply Nation;
- when you access or use our Site as a Public User;
- in face to face meetings;
- in phone, postal, electronic mail, website, social media or mobile application correspondence;
- in forms, surveys or questionnaires filled out by you;
- when you request information from us;
- when you register, use or interact with out products and services, content, publications, resources, events, activities, marketing or advertising;
- when we engage with you as a business contact or in the course of our functions and activities.
We may also collect Personal Information about you from third parties where it is unreasonable or impractical to collect it from you.
How we use Personal Information:
We collect, hold, use and disclose Personal Information in order to deliver our products and services or to otherwise conduct the South Australian Government’s and Supply Nation’s functions and activities.
The main purposes for which we handle Personal Information include:
- for purposes related to registration with Aboriginal Business Connect and Indigenous Business Direct;
- for purposes related to membership, registration and certification with Supply Nation;
- to maintain Member, Registered and Certified Supplier registers, including on Indigenous Business Direct;
- to supply Registered and Certified Supplier business/company information (including business/company name, contact details, website, ACN, ABN, ICN, business activity/sectors, business location, number of employees, geographic reach, previous experience and % Indigenous ownership information) to Members and on our Site, Supply Nation’s website and Indigenous Business Direct or similar;
- to supply Member business/company information (including business/company name, contact details, website) to Registered and Certified Suppliers and on the Site, Supply Nation website and Indigenous Business Direct;
- in relation to events that you have registered for, including business/company name, contact details and Member, Registered or Certified Supplier status for use in attendee lists or similar for the benefit of all registered attendees;
- to maintain contact with you;
- to inform you of, and enable your access, interaction and use of, our products and services, events, activities, website, social media sites, mobile applications and related resources and sites;
- to develop, operate and improve our products and services, events, activities, website, social media sites, mobile applications and related resources and sites, including you experience and interaction with us and the Site;
- to communicate marketing and advertising information and other news, information and opportunities that we consider may be of interest to you;
- to administer newsletters, forms, surveys or questionnaires and other promotional activities and events funded, sponsored or managed by us or our partners or affiliates;
- to respond to requests, queries and complaints;
- for internal and external record keeping and reporting purposes;
- to provide statistical data to Indigenous Business Australia, State and Commonwealth government agencies and other strategic partners or affiliates;
- for funding, sponsorship or tender submissions and business development;
- to comply with legal obligations; and
- other purposes related to the functions and activities of the South Australian Government and Supply Nation.
By becoming a Registered or Certified Supplier you consent to Supply Nation collecting, storing, using and disclosing your information (including Personal Information) for the purposes described above.
In addition to listing on Aboriginal Business Connect, as an approved Registered or Certified Supplier you consent to the listing of your business/company being publicly available on Aboriginal Business Connect and Indigenous Business Direct including:
- Company information (including Business/Company name, contact details, website, ABN, ACN, ICN, business activity/sectors, business location, number of employees (Indigenous and non-Indigenous), geographic reach and previous experience; and
- Ownership information (% Aboriginal ownership).
When we disclose Personal Information:
We do not routinely disclose Personal Information to third parties unless:
- you give your consent;
- the use or disclosure is directly related to the primary purpose of collection, for example, it is necessary to provide you with a product or service which you have requested or for a function or activity of the South Australian Government or Supply Nation for which you are involved;
- the use or disclosure is for a secondary purpose that you would reasonably expect and is related (or in the case of Sensitive Information, directly related) to the primary purposes of collection;
- it is necessary for maintenance of or is related to a person’s registration with Aboriginal Business Connect or Indigenous Business Direct;
- it is necessary for maintenance of or is related to a person’s Supply Nation membership, registration or certification;
- it is requirement of our funders, partners, affiliates or service providers, in which case only basic Personal Information will be disclosed to the extent necessary;
- the use or disclosure is or otherwise required or permitted by laws, regulations or professional standards.
We may also share non-personal, de-identified and aggregated information for research, funding, partnership, sponsorship, tender or promotional purposes.
Who we may disclose Personal Information to:
- our employees, agents, contractors and related bodies corporate;
- third party suppliers and service providers;
- our partners, affiliates, funders and professional advisors;
- payment system operators;
- our sponsors and promoters of any event, activity or competition that we conduct via our services;
- anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; and/or
- other persons, including State and Commonwealth government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
Disclosure outside Australia:
We may disclose Personal Information outside of Australia, including to third party suppliers and service providers located in the United States of America. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient deals with your Personal Information in a way that is consistent with or similar to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) or with your consent.
We and/or our carefully selected partners may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services. This may take the form of emails, SMS, mail or other forms of communication, in accordance with the Spam Act 2003 (Cth) and the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
You may elect not to receive marketing materials from us by contacting us via the Site or using the details set out below or by using opt-out facilities provided (e.g. an unsubscribe link).
We may collect Personal Information about you when you access and use the Site or other related sites and applications. For example, we collect aggregated information and cookies from your computer, tablet, mobile phone or other device when you access our Site, which enables us to tell when you use the Site and also to help customise your experience.
While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our Site, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
You can disable cookies through you internet browser, but be aware that our Site may not work as intended if you do so.
Information you share:
As a Supply Nation Member, Registered or Certified Supplier or Public User, you may be able to share information with other Members, Registered or Certified Suppliers or Public Users via the Site or other related resources, sites and application, including through Aboriginal Business Connect and Indigenous Business Direct.
Please be aware that information you share may become publicly available and we are unable to control or limit third party use of the information once you have shared it.
We suggest you regularly check the information you have shared on our Site or related resources, sites or applications to ensure its accuracy. Remember, if you do not wish the information to be publicly available, please do not post or upload the information to the Site.
We will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to protect Personal Information, whether held electronically or in hard-copy form, from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Accuracy of information
We will take such steps (if any) as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure Personal Information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, up-to-date and complete for the purpose for which it is collected.
Access and corrections
You may request access to the Personal Information we hold about you. We will provide access to this information where reasonable and practical to do so, and in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
You may request access to the Personal Information we hold about you. We will take such steps (if any) as are reasonable in the circumstances to correct your Personal Information as requested to ensure it is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading.
Your provision of Personal Information to us is optional, however, because of the nature of our functions and activities, it is generally impractical for us to deal with you on an anonymous basis or through the use of a pseudonym, although sometimes this may be possible (for example, when we receive feedback).
Questions and complaints
If you would like more information about privacy and the protection of your Personal Information, or if you feel we have not resolved your complaint satisfactorily, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oiac.gov.au.
How to contact us about privacy
You can contact us via the Aboriginal Business Connect website (www.aboriginalbusinessconnect.com.au) or contact:
GPO Box 1494
Sydney NSW 2001
1300 055 298